Upstream for dist-git [RFC]

Miroslav Suchý msuchy at redhat.com
Thu Apr 16 07:42:44 UTC 2015

Hi,
Adam Šamalík took dist-git files from fedora-infra ansible.git. He separated what belongs to dist-git itself and what is
Fedora specific and with cooperation of Dan Mach and Palo Babinčák he created upstream for dist-git:

  https://github.com/release-engineering/dist-git

This is first attempt and request for comments.

The changes from ansible.git version are described here:
  https://github.com/release-engineering/dist-git/blob/master/changes.txt
and he extracted some code to be configuration driven:
  https://github.com/release-engineering/dist-git/blob/master/configs/dist-git/dist-git.conf

Feel free to experiment with this project and we are looking for your questions and comments.

I have one question thou:
There is no license information in files header but two files:
  scripts/httpd/upload.cgi - GPLv1
  scripts/dist-git/pkgdb_sync_git_branches.py - GPLv2+
Everything else is without license.
Can I assume that we can realease the code under GPLv2+?
The author of upload.cgi seems to be Kevin F. - Kevin, are you willing to change license your file to GPLv2+ so we have
uniform license across all files?

Future plans:
 1) Listen to your initial feedback and do alternations according to your feedback
 2) After license clarification, announce this project to Red Hat and CentOS rel-engs and ask them to merge their
changes of dist-git to this upstream.
 3) Get this package into Fedora distribution
 4) Change Fedora dist-git server to use this package.
 10) Enjoy the benefits of common upstream.

--
Miroslav Suchy, RHCA