Fedora Cloud questions and proposal

Miroslav Suchý msuchy at redhat.com
Thu Apr 16 07:55:49 UTC 2015

On 04/13/2015 03:54 PM, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> Yeah. The one place I thought might be nice was if we wanted to reboot
> a compute node to update it, but then I got to thinking, why shouldn't
> we also just reboot the instances too and update them as well? ;)

I just tried - when I reboot Compute Nodes, all VM located there will switch to "Shut down" state.
And will not be power on automatically. Hard reset will power them on.
However I am afraid that cloud-perstisten.yml will not handle it. When the machine is not unreachable it will spin up
new one.

Cold migration works. I tested it yesterday on our instance and it is functional.

--
Miroslav Suchy, RHCA