Bugzilla components of retired packages

Pierre-Yves Chibon pingou at pingoured.fr
Wed Apr 22 17:14:24 UTC 2015

On Thu, Apr 02, 2015 at 10:37:11AM +0200, Pierre-Yves Chibon wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 01, 2015 at 05:02:35PM -0500, Michael Cronenworth wrote:
> > On 04/01/2015 03:29 PM, Cole Robinson wrote:
> > >But if someone from pkgdb side could give an example of how to query for fully
> > >retired packages, that would help. Even if it's not part of pkgdb in the short
> > >term, if there's a way to do that query now I'd be happy to send a request to
> > >bugzilla admins to manually hide all the long retired components.
> >
> > I was bored and came up with this:
> >
> > http://fpaste.org/206204/92520914/
> >
> > I let it run for a few minutes and saw it was going to take a long time.
> > I'll let it run overnight and post the list when it's done.

So I came back on this topic today and added an new API endpoint to pkgdb to
list all the packages retired on all branches of a given collection (ie:
'Fedora' (default) or 'Fedora EPEL').

This provides us the information in a few seconds :)

Up for review at:
https://github.com/fedora-infra/pkgdb2/pull/184

Will be part of the next release.

Pierre