firewall blocking atomic01.qa access to RHN/registry.access.redhat.com

Colin Walters walters at verbum.org
Fri Apr 24 15:26:57 UTC 2015

Hi,

I'm trying to set up a Docker/Kubernetes/Atomic cluster in VMs on atomic01.qa to prototype out some alt.fp.org rel-eng work - using RHEL7 Atomic, but not being able to access subscription.rhn.redhat.com or registry.access.redhat.com is a pain.

Is there a reason this is being blocked?

In the more medium term I'd like to use some of the resources from the new OpenStack cloud, potentially returning this machine to the pool for other work.

In general for Fedora infra machines, it looks like the RHEL installations are configured to use a local mirror, and aren't subscribed, right?  If we go down that path, can we set up a mirror of the Docker registry and the Atomic Host ostree repo?  The former is a bit tricky, the latter is a two line shell script that would need to be cron job'd somewhere.