retrace* machines managed by ansible

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Tue Apr 28 17:23:20 UTC 2015

On Tue, 28 Apr 2015 16:07:46 +0200
Richard Marko <rmarko at fedoraproject.org> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I'm working on https://github.com/abrt/abrt-ansible for the purpose of
> completely managing retrace* machines with ansible.

ok. Cool.

Would you be open to just merging this into our infrastructure ansible?

There would be some good advantages there (it's common with the rest of
our stuff, you could take advantage of all the other folks who manage
things fixing problems, we can reuse a number of things from other
applications, etc).

> Ansible scripts for faf deployment are mostly ready and I would like
> to use these to provision unused retrace02 machine and when this is
> done switch retrace.fedoraproject.org to point to retrace02 instead
> of retrace01.

ok.

> Is anyone willing to take a brief look at mentioned recipes and point
> me in the right direction? In particular, what can/should be reused
> from fedora infra ansible and what should be improved in current
> recipes.

I can try and do so at some point. It's kind of hard to review this
sort of thing detached from real machines/setup. ;)