Request for setroubleshoot-server be installed by default in Fedora Infra

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Wed Apr 29 14:54:40 UTC 2015

 On Tue, Apr 28, 2015 at 4:38 PM, Adam Miller
<maxamillion at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 28, 2015 at 10:29 AM, Toshio Kuratomi <a.badger at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Not sure it's a good idea to add more always running daemons.  But
>> could be the right move to install it by default on staging boxes.
>
> I was under the impression that it was refactored a while back to not
> always run as it did in the RHEL5-ish time frame, but instead be
> spawned as needed via dbus messages. I could be mistaken but thought
> I'd mention that both 'systemctl list-units' and 'systemctl
> list-unit-files' do not list an entry for setroubleshoot and there
> doesn't appear to be an init script listed in /etc/init.d/ either.

Well being a systemd world now it would be in /usr/lib/systemd/system
and if it was an enabled service linked from somewhere in the
/etc/systemd/system directory structure depending on the target.

But as you correctly say it's dbus controlled with appropriate service
files in /usr/share/dbus-1/system-services

Peter