Proper SSL cert for fed-cloud09?

Miroslav Suchý msuchy at redhat.com
Thu Feb 5 09:05:22 UTC 2015

On 02/05/2015 01:13 AM, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> Could we instead call it 'openstack.cloud.fedoraproject.org' or
> 'controller.cloud.fedoraproject.org' or something? Not sure if that
> needs us to rename/reinstall the node, or can just be done in the
> cert...

It can be just cname + name in cert. Reinstall is quite fast with ansible, that is no problem.
I automated all but one workaround (there is still usually need one reboot).

> Along those same lines, how about we move the existing host playbooks
> to a group/openstack-controller.yml (currently just fed-cloud09, but
> I'd like to see if we can allocate one machine moving forward to be
> our test for the 'next' openstack) and group/openstack-compute.yml
> (fed-cloud10/11, but some more will be installed next week) to make them
> more generic and ready for more nodes?

Compute node is already in roles/cloud_compute/tasks/main.yml so migration to groups should be easy (not my priority thou).
I see no benefits in migrating controller playbook to group or roles. It is only one.
I +1 to controller-next instance, because upgrade of OpenStack is not supported. However those playbook will be quite
different and it does not have sense to have them in one playbook with "when" directives.

--
Miroslav Suchy, RHCE, RHCDS