About MirrorManager2

Jason L Tibbitts III tibbs at math.uh.edu
Fri Feb 13 15:27:42 UTC 2015

NC> In that general vein, an interesting project Robert Collins
NC> introduced me to last year is his lmirror work:
NC> https://pypi.python.org/pypi/lmirror

That is quite interesting.  It's obvious that rsync is kind of breaking
down, given that with my current mirroring setup (just running a private
internal mirror) I can rarely get a complete copy across the wire due to
timeouts while receiving the file set.

Not a lot of commits happening upstream, though.  Is this code actually
being used anywhere?

I guess the first step if we want to try to play with this is to get it
packaged.

 - J<