[release] pkgdb2 1.23.991

Pierre-Yves Chibon pingou at pingoured.fr
Tue Feb 17 11:46:49 UTC 2015

On Tue, Feb 17, 2015 at 12:28:42PM +0100, Vít Ondruch wrote:

> Dne 17.2.2015 v 11:44 Pierre-Yves Chibon napsal(a):
> > - Per FESCo decision, Fedora branch requests will have by default a 7 days
> >   period during which packager with approveacls will be allowed to
> grant/deny
> >   the request, this period does not apply if the requester has
> approveacls on
> >   the package
> >

> What is actually the workflow for this?

The workflow is the following:
You open the request : status=Pending
Someone with approveacls has 7 days to review it:
 a) he/she agrees with it/doesn't mind/care: status=Awating Review
 b) he/she disagrees with it: status=Blocked
Once set as Awaiting Review (which occurs automatically after 7 days), rel-eng
will process the review and Approve it or Deny it.

> https://admin.stg.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/package/rubygem-abrt/requests/5
>
> If I ask for a branch and I approve it myself, the branch will be
> processed immediately? Or will I need to wait for 7 days? Shouldn't I as
> a owner/POC/administrator of the package be allowed to ask for any
> branch any time without any additional wait/action?

There will always be a little time until rel-eng process the request but not
necessarily the whole 7 days period.

> Actually now I found that I can't approve the action .... That is weird.
> That cannot be true.
The Awaiting Review is kind of the way you can approve the request, I know it's
not quite clear so I am still considering changing the statuses to something
else, thoughts?

Pierre