[release] pkgdb2 1.23.992

Pierre-Yves Chibon pingou at pingoured.fr
Wed Feb 18 10:27:51 UTC 2015

On Wed, Feb 18, 2015 at 10:10:42AM +0100, Vít Ondruch wrote:

> Dne 18.2.2015 v 09:32 Pierre-Yves Chibon napsal(a):
> > Hi everyone,
> >
> > I have just released and pushed to staging a new release of pkgdb2:
> 1.23.992,
> > the third pre-release of 1.24
> >
> > Here is the changelog:
> >
> > * Wed Feb 18 2015 Pierre-Yves Chibon <pingou at pingoured.fr> - 1.23.992-1
> > - Update to 1.23.992 (pre-release for 1.24)
> > - Add a `My Request` tab in the main menu
> > - Adjust copyright year in the master template
> > - Monitor package set as True by default (Ralph Bean)
> > - Drop the branch from field when requesting branch for a package
> > - Add the possibility to Edit one's request directly via the `My
> Requests` page
> > - Increase the width of the field in the form to request a new package
> >
> > This should address some of the concerns raised by Vít (Thanks!) :)
>
> Thx, however, I am still not satisfied with requesting new branch.
>
> First of all, I am the only one person who is maintaining rubygem-POpen4
> [1], why should I wait for 7 days for some confirmation.

I was wondering about directly switching the status to 'Awaiting Review' if the
requester as approveacls on the package.
But even then if it wasn't for the bug below you should be able to do it
yourself (it would just require 2 steps: a) make the branch request, b) set it
to Awaiting Review).

> Secondly, I tried set status to "Awaiting Review", but I've received
> "Not a valid choice" error. At that moment, there is not "Awaiting
> Review" status available anymore.

That's a bug that I'll fix.

> Also interestingly, pressing "Cancel"
> at that stage, returns me back, still in Update request page. One would
> expect to return back to package overview page.

The cancel button takes is the equivalent of the 'previous' button on your
browser in this case.

> Thirdly, when I set my request obsolete, it is still listed among "My
> requests". Will there be always listed all requests I ever did? Then the
> most recent request should be probably on top of the list (or sortable).

By default it shows all the requests, see the box on the right to filter them
out by status.

> And one minor nit. On "vondruch's requests" page probably does not make
> sense to show "User" column. Or is there shown also requests done by
> other people on packages I maintain?

Fair point :)

Sorry for the bumpy ride :-/

Pierre