Fedora identity plans

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Thu Jan 8 13:51:45 UTC 2015

Hi Infra folks,

I wanted to introduce Dmitri Pal, who manages the team at Red Hat that
works on freeIPA[1] and SSSD[2] among other things.  Patrick of course
contributes to Ipsilon[3] which includes fedoauth, and has been
collaborating with Simo, who's on Dmitri's team.

Dmitri asked me about Fedora identity and authentication needs and
whether any of these projects could be useful in Fedora
infrastructure.  I told him I'd make an introduction so the
Infrastructure team can explain the problems we're trying to solve
with the next Fedora Account System, and how that relates to work
Dmitri's team is doing.

Dmitri, most if not all of the Fedora Engineering team[4] are on this
list, along with many other contributors to the Fedora community.

Since some of us (Patrick, Pierre, myself) will be in Brno for the
DevConf.cz event, we may have the opportunity to meet up there to
follow up on this discussion in person, but this is a good place to
start.

Please keep <dpal at redhat.com> on CC for the discussion, since he may
not follow this list daily.

* * *