Meeting Agenda Item: Introduction Fale

Fabio Alessandro Locati fabiolocati at gmail.com
Thu Jan 8 16:22:35 UTC 2015

Hello everyone,

I'm Fabio Alessandro Locati (fale on fas and IRC), an Italian freelance
sysop, dba and solution architect.
I've met GNU/Linux in 2001 and since 2002 I've completely dismissed any
other OS.
I've tried every Fedora since Moonshine, but only with Constantine it
became my daily-use OS.

During my freelance job I work mainly on RedHat/CentOS 5,6, and 7 and
technologies such as Bash, Python, JBoss, Puppet, Apache, Nagios, etc.
As a DBA I manage multiple systems in medium-big companies mainly based
on MySQL/MariaDB, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, and Hadoop.
Also, I've often found myself to develop websites with Python and PHP.
I'm Packager and Ambassador in the Fedora Project since August, 2014.

I would like to join the infra team to help out and to learn more about
sysadminship.
The part of infrastructure I'd like to focus on, at least at the
beginning is the sysop part, since I've far more experience in this
field.
Lately I find very interesting the automation of
provisioning/DevOps/infrastructure as code topics since I think they can
really be game changer paired properly with horizontal scaling
technologies.

Best regards,
Fabio A Locati
--
Fabio Alessandro Locati

PGP Fingerprint: B960 BE9D E7A8 FA12 273A  98BB 6D6A 29D6 709A 7851
https://keybase.io/fale