Great Infrastructure projects status roundup

Pierre-Yves Chibon pingou at pingoured.fr
Fri Jan 16 13:29:31 UTC 2015

On Wed, Jan 07, 2015 at 09:01:52AM -0700, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> 3. Mirrormanager2
>
> pingou was working on this.
> We got really far at the FAD in december. Everything is pretty much
> implemented I think, we just need to test a ton and roll out to
> production. We have various staging instances setup already.
>
> pingou: whats the current status?

Sorry for the late reply.
MirrorManager2 is in a decent state I believe. I have been working on unit-tests
for its UI, fixing some bugs in the process.
The last thing which I would like to manage is having some tests for the
different cron jobs.
This would make it easier to check their behaviors and debug in case of
problems (such as the weird release number we currently have).

I added the proxy and varnish configuration for MirrorManager2 stg on ansible
this morning, fixing access to the web app but looks like I broke apache in the
process.
Otherwise, mirrorlist seemed to work and we get output of some of the cron jobs
so that seems to work but the more testing/validation the better.

> 10. Anytia / release-monitoring.org
>
> pingou was working on this
>
> Are we close to switching this on and announcing it? Whats left?

Things are getting in order, but there are still some pieces missing as Ralph
pointed out.
One left for anitya itself is being able to handle the following folder
structure:
/2.4/
/2.4/2.4.1/
/2.4/2.4.2/
/2.5/
/2.5/2.5.1/
cnucnu was able to work with it, Anitya isn't at the moment and some projects
are using it so it would be nice to add it back.

> 11. pkgs upgrade
>
> bochecha and pingou was working on this.
>
> pkgs01.stg still needs more testing? Whats the current status?
> Still need to fix the allow admins to login?

So gitolite is still not completely working, one of the issue being the creation
of the monthly logs:
FATAL: errors found but logfile could not be created
FATAL: /root/.gitolite/logs/gitolite-2015-01.log: No such file or directory
FATAL: die  chdir /root/.gitolite failed: No such file or directory<<newline>>

After that, we also haven't figured out how to give a shell access to admins and
of course, the more testing the better :)

Note: the patch to mkbranch has been merged, so we will be able to have the git
adjusted simply based on fedmsg message from pkgdb (similarly to what we have in
place for shell account based on FAS messages).

Pierre