Great Infrastructure projects status roundup

Pierre-Yves Chibon pingou at pingoured.fr
Fri Jan 23 13:10:07 UTC 2015

On Thu, Jan 22, 2015 at 12:39:01PM +0100, Pierre-Yves Chibon wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 16, 2015 at 02:29:31PM +0100, Pierre-Yves Chibon wrote:
> > > 11. pkgs upgrade
> > >
> > > bochecha and pingou was working on this.
> > >
> > > pkgs01.stg still needs more testing? Whats the current status?
> > > Still need to fix the allow admins to login?
> >
> > So gitolite is still not completely working, one of the issue being the creation
> > of the monthly logs:
> > FATAL: errors found but logfile could not be created
> > FATAL: /root/.gitolite/logs/gitolite-2015-01.log: No such file or directory
> > FATAL: die  chdir /root/.gitolite failed: No such file or directory<<newline>>
>
> Ok I have been working on this error which was coming from our genacls.sh
> script/cron.
> I turned out to be related to the user calling the command on the home of the
> correct user but revealed a more annoying problem: running `gitolite compile`
> tries to re-create the symbolic links to repo.git/hooks/update.
> This fails for us as we have our own update hook in place allowing us to run
> chained-hooks.
> So for the moment, I have commented out the two lines of code being annoying and
> it works fine but we would need a more permanent solution for this.

After some work and re-work and further investigation, bochecha and I managed to
fix this this morning and we got the fix validated by gitolite's upstream.

> > After that, we also haven't figured out how to give a shell access to admins and
>
> This remains still

This was fixed yesterday with the help from gitolite's upstream (many thanks to
him!)

> > of course, the more testing the better :)
>
> And this as well :)

Since it seems to us that all is now fixed and ready, we are re-building the
host from scratch and then all that is left is: testing :)

Pierre