Meeting Agenda Item: Introduction of Joshua Hoblitt

Joshua Hoblitt josh at hoblitt.com
Sat Jul 18 04:36:53 UTC 2015

Hi Folks,

I'm interested in getting involved with Fedora Infrastructure.
Primarily with
the build tooling (koji, copr, etc) -- there is some congruence with my
current $day_job tasking of migrating a fairly complex stack to jenkins
for CI and developing a packaging pipeline. I'm also generally
interested in metrics collection and monitoring.

A longer term area I'm interested in exploring is convergence between CI
configuration (.travis.yml, jenkins job configuration, etc.) and
packaging specifications. More immediately, I'm intereseted in working
on CM/automation of any of the distributed systems (including but
certainly not limited to koji).

A bit about my background: I'm fairly strong in configuration management
(largely the puppet ecosystem and theforeman), both user space (home grown,
iRODS) & distributed (GPFS) filesystems, and modest scale HPC.  Like
most people, I have my personal technology preferences but try to
pragmatic about tooling.  I've been working in ruby, python, node, java,
and groovy [thus far] this year.  I'm also currently a vagrant/terraform
addict.

I'm looking forward to working with such an awesome community [if it
will have me ;)]!

Cheers,

- -Josh

Ps. Fedora's usage of yubikeys has inspired me to get one for my
personal use -- its arriving tomorrow.

- --
irc: ^conner
https://github.com/jhoblitt