Jenkins in new cloud - status update

Joshua hoblitt josh at hoblitt.com
Thu Jul 30 17:46:05 UTC 2015

On 07/30/2015 10:39 AM, Mikolaj Izdebski wrote:
> Jenknis runs as unprivileged user, so it can't listen on port 80 - it
> listens on port 8080.  Old Jenkins was running httpd proxy, which
> forwarded incoming requests from port 80 to 8080.  New Jenkins
> forwards ports using netfilter (aka iptables).  Was there any other
> reason for running httpd proxy?

At $day_job, I've been using nginx as a reverse proxy in front of the
jenkins master to handle TLS termination and inject HTTP headers (HSTS,
key pinning).  In theory, it also allows us to show a help page instead
of timeout / negative http status codes from jenkins during a restart or
other problem.

-Josh