Fedora hosted planning

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Thu Mar 5 02:27:59 UTC 2015

On Wed, 4 Mar 2015 23:09:03 +0100
Pierre-Yves Chibon <pingou at pingoured.fr> wrote:

> While I kinda hope progit gets to a state where it is used and
> useful, I do not see our trac instances all moving away any time soon
> (thus the vote for 1 or/and 2).

Fair enough.

> Having progit.dev.fedoraproject and later maybe
> progit.fedoraproject.org would already help (I'd rather have .dev.
> than .cloud. in the url as I believe it is more indicative of the
> state of the application there). I am planning on blogging and
> calling for testers once I got around fixing what I still want to fix
> (unit-tests and finish the git integration for tickets, git
> integration for pull-request is on the roadmap but I won't wait for
> it before calling for testers). More people testing will likely also
> help finding out how usable the system is.

Also very reasonable.

It might be good to settle on a new name first? That way there's 'buzz'
about it and you don't have to change it after people know it.

> Regarding progit, it will not grow a wiki feature but offers the
> possibility to have a doc repo containing text, html, markdown or
> rest files (the last two will be rendered, the first two display).

I think that would actually meet the needs of the folks that are using
the trac wiki pretty nicely.

> For the ticketing system, we currently have:
>  Tags:
>  Assigned:
>  Blocking:
>  Depends on:
> implemented using the Tags, issue dependency is in, as well as
> assigning issues.
>
> Do we need something else?

Possibly some way to have sensitive/private tickets?

There may be some small number of people using the roadmap feature (ie,
mark 10 tickets for a milestone, when they are solved the release
happens, etc)

Ability to mass modify tickets (so you could say "new release, please
retest your bug with this version")

libravatar support.

Ability to 'watch' all tickets for a project, ie see all comments to a
list or list of addresses.

Templates for some kinds of requests?

Way to attach to tickets? I guess tho that could be done by PR's really
most of the time.

There may be other things, but those are the ones that leap to mind.