Fedora hosted planning

Pierre-Yves Chibon pingou at pingoured.fr
Fri Mar 6 10:39:15 UTC 2015

On Wed, Mar 04, 2015 at 07:27:59PM -0700, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> On Wed, 4 Mar 2015 23:09:03 +0100
> Pierre-Yves Chibon <pingou at pingoured.fr> wrote:
> > Having progit.dev.fedoraproject and later maybe
> > progit.fedoraproject.org would already help (I'd rather have .dev.
> > than .cloud. in the url as I believe it is more indicative of the
> > state of the application there). I am planning on blogging and
> > calling for testers once I got around fixing what I still want to fix
> > (unit-tests and finish the git integration for tickets, git
> > integration for pull-request is on the roadmap but I won't wait for
> > it before calling for testers). More people testing will likely also
> > help finding out how usable the system is.
>
> Also very reasonable.
>
> It might be good to settle on a new name first? That way there's 'buzz'
> about it and you don't have to change it after people know it.

Yes, I clearly need to figure this out soon!

> > Regarding progit, it will not grow a wiki feature but offers the
> > possibility to have a doc repo containing text, html, markdown or
> > rest files (the last two will be rendered, the first two display).
>
> I think that would actually meet the needs of the folks that are using
> the trac wiki pretty nicely.

Cool :)

http://209.132.184.222/progit/issue/49

> There may be some small number of people using the roadmap feature (ie,
> mark 10 tickets for a milestone, when they are solved the release
> happens, etc)

I think this can be achieved with tags:
http://209.132.184.222/progit/issues?tags=doc
list the ticket opened and with this tag

> Ability to mass modify tickets (so you could say "new release, please
> retest your bug with this version")

I'd consider this be part of the API

> libravatar support.

Already there:
http://209.132.184.222/progit/blob/master/progit/__init__.py#_366
and
http://209.132.184.222/progit/blob/master/progit/lib/__init__.py#_831

http://209.132.184.222/progit/issue/50

> Templates for some kinds of requests?

Not sure about this but:
http://209.132.184.222/progit/issue/51

> Way to attach to tickets? I guess tho that could be done by PR's really
> most of the time.

Oh yeah, definitely :)
http://209.132.184.222/progit/issue/52
This would also help to report problem with screenshot :)

As for Ralph:
http://209.132.184.222/progit/issue/53

Thanks all :)
Feel free to drop in any tickets you like to comment or patch things :)

Pierre