New OpenStack instance - status

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Mon Mar 9 11:58:01 UTC 2015

On Mon, 09 Mar 2015 10:29:36 +0100
Miroslav Suchý <msuchy at redhat.com> wrote:

> On 03/07/2015 07:29 PM, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> > * I see that the tenants have the same internal 172.16.0.0 net right
> >   now, can we make sure we seperate them from each other? ie, I
> > don't want a infrastructure instance being able to talk to a copr
> > builder if we can avoid it.
>
> Are you sure?
> From: playbooks/hosts/fed-cloud09.cloud.fedoraproject.org.yml
>   # 172.16.0.1/12 -- 172.21.0.1/12 - Free to take
>   # 172.23.0.1/12 - free (but used by old cloud)
>   # 172.24.0.1/12 - RESERVED it is used internally for OS
>   # 172.25.0.1/12 - Cloudintern
>   # 172.26.0.1/12 - infrastructure
>   # 172.27.0.1/12 - persistent
>   # 172.28.0.1/12 - transient
>   # 172.29.0.1/12 - scratch
>   # 172.30.0.1/12 - copr
>   # 172.31.0.1/12 - Free to take
> And checking dashboard I see infra in .26 network and copr in .16.
> Hmm that is different one, but copr should have .30. Playbook seems
> to be correct. Strange.

Yeah, I saw those comments, was looking at the dashboard:

https://fed-cloud09.cloud.fedoraproject.org/dashboard/admin/networks/

login as admin and see that page...

copr-subnet 172.16.0.0/12
infrastructure-subnet 172.16.0.0/12

Not sure if thats just because they are all in the same /12?

> > * Do we want to also revisit flavors available? Perhaps drop the
> >   builder one and just use m1.large for it? we should have
> > resources to use more cpus/mem and should make copr builds
> > faster/better.
>
> 80GB is too much, and 4 VCPU too. I think having extra flavor for
> builder is nice as we can change it any time without affecting other
> instances/tenants.

ok. I think more cpus (to make builds faster in many cases) would still
be welcome thought. As well as more memory. Disk I don't think matters
as much.

> > * Is there any way to see how much space is available on the
> > equalogics aside from just logging into it via ssh?
>
> Unfortunately no.
> I reported it as RFE some time ago.
>   https://bugs.launchpad.net/cinder/+bug/1380555
> You can only amount of used space using cinder list && cinder show
> volume-id

ok.