OOM killer on bapp02 again

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Mon Mar 16 12:31:17 UTC 2015

On Mon, 16 Mar 2015 10:08:28 +0100
Adrian Reber <adrian at lisas.de> wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 13, 2015 at 07:16:44AM -0600, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> > We could do this... however at this point, I think I'd like to just
> > push to get mm2 out in production. I'm sure it will have issues too,
> > but at least they will not be this one hopefully. ;)
>
> So what is actually necessary to get MM2 out? As I am probably one of
> the few users of the MM2 administrative functions maybe I can help to
> get the last missing bits of MM2 ready.

That would be great. ;)

I would really love to get MM2 fully rolled out before Beta freeze if
we can.

For the mirrorlist servers:

* We need a /etc/tmpfiles.d/mirrormanager2-mirrorlist.conf file with:
d /var/run/mirrormanager 0775 mirrormanager apache
in it.

* Then I think we can convert all the mirrorlists over to it. The one
  we have had in rotation has been just fine. In fact it's had a lot
  less issues than the mm1 ones. ;)

For the frontend:

* We have a stg setup:
https://admin.stg.fedoraproject.org/mirrormanager2/
Can you login and look around and see if the data/setup seems ok from a
high level glance?

For the backend:

* I think we need some more testing, but I am not at all sure how to do
  this. If we do switch over to it, we could have some time to fix
  things on it, as discovering updates and new rawhide composes and
  such isn't super time critical, but we would have to make sure it
  works in a day or so.

* We need to finish fedmsg stuff on it. It's still sending some crons
  where it's erroring on fedmsg items. We need to sort that out before
  rolling to production.

For the crawler:

* We have a staging instance, but I am not sure what state it's in.
Perhaps we could check this and make it crawl for a day as a test?

For the big picture:

* We can switch mirrorlists anytime.
* For frontend/backend/crawler, we should make production versions of
  them and then look at scheduling a day when many of us can be around
  to debug things, switch over to using them and in the event of big
  problems revert back to mm1.

Thoughts?