Pkgdb2 1.24

Pierre-Yves Chibon pingou at pingoured.fr
Wed Mar 18 14:25:48 UTC 2015

Hi everyone,

The next pkgdb2 release (1.24) will be a pretty big releases, to give you an
idea this is its current changelog:

- Allow package admins to retire a package
- Anitya integration on the package's detail page
- Fix orphaning package having a group as PoC
- Add the possibility to request action from the pkgdb admins and releng.
  These actions include:
   - Request a new package to be added to pkgdb (after completed its review on
     bugzilla)
   - Request a new branch for an existing package
     - When requesting a new branch, current package admins have 1 week to agree
       or disagree with the request
       - If they disagree the request is blocked (they have to specify a reason)
     - After a week, or earlier if they agree, the request is passed onto the
       pkgdb admins and releng for processing.

These new actions can be processed via pkgdb-admin which is shipped as part of
packagedb-cli (ie next to pkgdb-cli).

Since these changes might be pretty big and impact multiple person, I would like
to hear when people think it would be best to make the release.

Note: I will not do it today, but basically I could from tomorrow :)

Note2: As it will likely take a little time for people to get adjusted to the
new workflow (that needs to be documented & so on), there will likely be a time
for pkgdb admins and releng when they will have to check both bugzilla and
pkgdb.

Note3: As I would not be surprised that we run into some bugs and since freeze
is not that far either, the earlier the better :)

Thanks,

Pierre

PS: Also sent to the rel-eng list but please let's keep this on the infra list