[release] pkgdb2 1.24

Pierre-Yves Chibon pingou at pingoured.fr
Tue Mar 24 07:45:27 UTC 2015

On Tue, Mar 24, 2015 at 08:20:13AM +0100, Vít Ondruch wrote:

>    Is the "Request new package" [1] now officially supported?

Yes it is :)

> Will there be some announcement?

I have to write a blog post to announce it, get some people to test and then in
a near future we will deprecate the current process in favor of the new one.

> And will it work faster/automatically or is there still
>    fallback to some manual action?

I doubt it will be faster for new package or new branch.
The only place where it will be faster if for new *fedora* branch request if the
requester is a package admin (ie: has approveacls).

>    And I have one additional RFE. Since there is referred bugzilla ticket, I
>    believe that you should be able to get the "package name" and "summary"
>    from that ticket summary. This would save me from copy-pasting.

I don't think we'll do this for a couple of reasons:
- subject lines regularly have errors, so this is one last place where people
  can adjust
- the idea is not to put in pkgdb code that is bugzilla-specific especially
  since we want to move package review off bugzilla.

>    [1] https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/request/package/

As usual, thanks for all your testing :)

Pierre