can we kill the "closed: question is answered" feature on ask fedora?

Matthew Miller mattdm at fedoraproject.org
Wed Mar 25 19:29:53 UTC 2015

On Wed, Mar 25, 2015 at 02:46:38PM -0400, David Gay wrote:
> I never understood why the "close answered questions" practice was adopted. I assume there was a good reason, but I've never heard of a Q/A site doing that (ex. Stack Exchange).

I think it comes from webforums, and is a workaround for that software
not really being meant to handle Q&A. Keeps threads from being bumped
by the inevitable off-topic discussion or from other people with
similar questions who glom on to an old thread.

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm at fedoraproject.org>