Freeze break request: push mirrormanager2-0.1.0-3

Adrian Reber adrian at lisas.de
Wed May 20 09:43:21 UTC 2015

On Wed, May 20, 2015 at 10:11:15AM +0200, Pierre-Yves Chibon wrote:
> Since MirrorManager2, the flask application incorporates the mirrorlist.
> We have seen this causing problem once in a while as the query that generates
> the list of mirror is pretty heavy.
>
> Patrick has been working on changing a little bit the layout of the mirrorlist
> so that we could cache it with varnish (the change is basically to remove the
> `login`/`logged in as XX | logout` from the top right corner of the templates).
> This way, people can login from the front page and will see all the pages as
> being logged in, or they can just see the cached pages or the mirrorlist.
>
> We were leaning to wait for after the freeze to push this, but Adrian Reber
> reported that the issue of mirrorlist being sometime un-available is causing
> problem with the report-mirror script.
>
> So I would like to ask for a freeze-break to push to MirrorManager2 the changes
> made by Patrick:
> https://github.com/fedora-infra/mirrormanager2/pull/80
>
> While at it, I would like to push another fix, by Adrian, allowing to always
> https://github.com/fedora-infra/mirrormanager2/pull/67

This is already active as a hotfix. So this does not introduce actual
changes. It just moves the changes from the hotfix to the RPM.

> These changes have been prepared via a 0.1.0-3 RPM release:
> http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=9804162
> built from:
> https://github.com/fedora-infra/mirrormanager2/commit/b368e3aa8988367fcf10148d1a06fb3e4c224357

+1 from me as almost every second run of report_mirror is now failing
and the mirrorlist (publiclist) viewable in the browser used to be
generated once every 12 hours with MM1. It is not as important being
up to date as the mirrorlist/metalink handed out to yum/dnf.

		Adrian