Fed-clou02 migration

Miroslav Suchý msuchy at redhat.com
Wed May 20 12:03:44 UTC 2015

Hi,
as you know we have new Fedora Cloud instance.

And we still have the *old* Fedora Cloud instance. I hereby declare fed-cloud02 a.k.a old Fedora Cloud as deprecated.
There is currently 67 machines in running state. And bunch of VM in shutdown state.

I would kindly ask all owners to:
  * not create new VM on fed-cloud02, but rather use fed-cloud09
  * migrate your machines from fed-cloud02 to fed-cloud09
  * terminate your machines on fed-cloud02, which you do not use (especially those under transient tenant).

There is no hurry, we are under no press. However I would like to set up some dead line. Let say during June and July.
During July I would like to gather list of remaining VMs and write personal email to its owners.
In August - if there would be no reaction - I would suggest to power off (not terminate!) those remaining VMs and keep
them for brief period.
Sometime during fall terminate all machines and wipe old Fedora Cloud instance.

Once again - this time-frame is just proposal as I would like to avoid having old Cloud instance running infinitely.
If you have reason to have running it there and not migrating it, please raise your voice and we can alter the schedule.
--
Miroslav Suchy, RHCA