Meeting Agenda Item: Introduction Bruno

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Wed May 27 14:58:53 UTC 2015

On Tue, 26 May 2015 17:24:40 +0000
Bruno Queiros <bqueiros at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello guys
>
> My name is Bruno, i'm from Portugal (timezone UTC) and my IRC handle
> on freenode.net is lnxslck.
>
> I work as a Linux System Administrator for the past 6 years, and have
> been working with Linux for 15 years or so, (my first distro was
> RedHat 5 i believe).
>
>  I would like to help the infrastructure team, mostly on server
> issues like load balancing, high availability, increasing speed on
> http connections or to the databases, but i would also like to help
> wherever i feel comfortable, security issues, translations, etc.
>
> I'm already helping on AskFedoraProject forum, and i want to start
> small with 2 to 4 hours a week (just to begin with) on volunteering.
>
> I'm expecting to increase those hours, as i feel more comfortable
> within the tasks and the project itself.
>
> I'm also looking for a sponsor, so if you got the patience i would
> love a hand.
>
> Thanks and sorry for the long emai.

Welcome Bruno!

Do take a look at our getting started document:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Infrastructure/GettingStarted

And if you can join us in our weekly meeting (tomorrow at 18UTC in
#fedora-meeting on irc) that would be great.

I can also look at adding your to our apprentice group to look around.
I'll try and catch you on irc in #fedora-admin.

Welcome again!