Feedback ideas

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Wed Aug 18 17:52:43 UTC 2010

On Thu, 12 Aug 2010 11:12:15 +0200
"François Cami" <fdc at fcami.net> wrote:

...snip...

> I still think this is the best option, for a few reasons:
> * feedback ticket creation is painless (no ML subscription required)
> * a template can gently push requests into being constructive with
>   all the data we need to act on them.
> * it's much harder to start a flamewar on a trac instance than on a
>   mailing list.
> * we won't be able to easily keep track of all previous requests if
>   we do not use something database-backed (think a few years in the
>   future).
> * It's also easier to point at a trac ticket, or to ask people to
>   search for duplicate requests before entering a ticket, than to
>   scour the mailing list archives.
>
> I'm obviously all for the trac instance. If we don't think keeping a
> good ticket database is important, we could start with the
> mailing-list though, and see what happens.

I'm tending to agree on trac, but there are still some questions:

- Who should manage the tickets and pass them to the mailing list?

- Should the trac instance just cc the mailing list?

- Should we try and make the tickets only viewable to submitter/small
  group? Or is open ok?

(I've save my answers to these and let others chime in first :)

kevin