New op nomination

Robert 'Bob' Jensen bob at fedoraunity.org
Fri Aug 20 19:29:04 UTC 2010

----- "Kevin Fenzi" <kevin at scrye.com> wrote:
> I personally would say -1 at this time. I think he's a smart and
> funny
> person, but I don't think direct end user support is something he
> seems
> to enjoy. In the past he's also been prone to random off topic
> statements. Also, I have not seen him around all that much of
> late, so would like to see a more active role helping so we could
> better
> evaluate any operator nomination.
>
> I'd be happy to re-evaluate after time or with further input.
>
> Just my 2cents.
>
> kevin

You suggested we need more people involved in creating our feedback process, for this reason alone I feel Warren is perfect. I am not aware of anyone that has been IMO targeted and kicked as much. I sincerely feel he will be a good op, many have had issues in the past, as has been said, keep your friends close and your enemies closer. All I am asking for here is the chance at a probationary trial just like everyone gets, what is the worst that can happen? We let him know it is not working out? That is what probation is for.

When it comes to him not being online "as much" I don't see how it is relevant many of us take breaks or vacations. If not being active online is a reason for someone not being considered for being a potential op should we look at punching time cards on the wiki? Should Sonar_Guy be asked to resign? He has had other things going on. I don't think so and I am sure you agree that these examples are unreasonable.

-- Bob

|       Robert 'Bob' Jensen        ||       Fedora Unity Founder       |
|       bob at fedoraunity.org        ||      http://fedoraunity.org/     |
|                   http://bjensen.fedorapeople.org/                   |
|                http://blogs.fedoraunity.org/bobjensen                |
|                   http://www.facebook.com/rpjensen                   |