Proposal for new op process

Nick Bebout nb at fedoraproject.org
Thu Jan 19 04:24:06 UTC 2012

I am proposing that we formally set the process for making new ops for
#fedora and #fedora-social.

1. A current op nominates someone for ops
2. Existing ops vote on new candidates (either via the
irc-support-operators-members at fpo or via the public mailing list or at
the weekly meeting).
3. Op candidates may be placed on a trial period, or the trial period
may be done away with if the current ops deem the candidate to be
sufficiently familiar to them and/or experienced to not require one.

Nick