My proposal for voing and such

Dave Riches david.r at ultracar.co.uk
Sun Jan 22 00:08:04 UTC 2012

On 01/21/2012 07:05 PM, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> ok, here's my proposal, feel free to pick it apart, or use it as the
> basis for your own different proposal. ;)
>
> a) The sig controls/manages the following channels:
>
> #fedora
> #fedora-social
> #fedora-unregistered
> #fedora-ops
+1

> b) Voting members are everyone who's an op in any of the managed
> channels.
Without trying to be pedantic....this does slightly trigger the issue of
how does an op expire? I am +o on some of those channels right now...if
I disappear for a few years and return....does my status as op, and
indeed voting rights remain? If not, how do we handle this (perhaps the
expiration of op/definition of active op should be the subject of a
different thread?)

> c) New channel operators are added or removed with the following
> process:
>
> 1. A ticket is filed with background/info and what channel the person
> would like to be added to, or should be removed from.
>
> 2. A 7 day voting period begins.
>
> 3. At the end of 7 days votes are tallied and a simply majority passes
> or defeats the proposed add/remove.
I'm +1 with all of the above.

> d) New channels can be added or current channels removed from
> management via:
>
> 1. The current sig or group that controls a channel should ask to be
> added in, or agree that they would like to be when approached.
>
> 2. A vote is taken, if approved after the 7 day voting period, the
> operators in the new channel all join the voting members pool and the
> channel is added to the top list.
I'm cool with this, provided that once we (the sig) have assumed control
of the channel wrt operators...the sig is then responsible for
appointing/removing operators as per the procedure indicated above.
Making the assumption that this is correct, +1

> e) In other cases (aside from promoting/removing members or channels),
> broad consensus should be attempted first and if no clear consensus can
> be reached a vote can be held on the issue or change.
Yeah, consensus over vote when dealing with other issues.