Trademarks in ISV packages.

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Mon Aug 4 17:22:48 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-08-01 at 16:33 -0600, Stephen John Smoogen wrote:
> We just set up our own zimbra system here (sadly not with rpms) and I
> noticed that the default layout of the free version has several Yahoo
> trademarks on the screen. Will this cause problems with licensing or
> packaging?

This is definitely something the packagers will have to look into.
There are other packages in Fedora where our ability to retool the
package may be limited by a trademark policy.  Typically that's not a
blocker issue, because it doesn't infringe on the right to modify and
redistribute -- only to do so while still using someone's trademarks.
As long as Yahoo!'s policy operates similarly we can live with it
(though grudgingly).

--
Paul W. Frields