JPackage and Fedora

Karsten 'quaid' Wade kwade at redhat.com
Wed Aug 13 21:00:47 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-08-13 at 16:17 -0400, Bryan Kearney wrote:
> Karsten 'quaid' Wade wrote:

> > "No, the relationship with JPackage is too much in flux to guarantee
> > that won't be wasted work.  Do the work in Fedora, and if JPackage
> > becomes the standard, it will be easy to port the package over
> there."
>
> Karsten, is there an alien type jpp -> rpm converter?

Hee hee, maybe not *that* easy.  I was thinking more of the general
similarity between JPackage and Fedora RPMs.  I actually shouldn't claim
that will be trivial, since it really depends.  But there must be ways
to do things in one system to make it easiest to port to the other, aiui
that is done all the time.

- Karsten
Fedora : http://quaid.fedorapeople.org
gpg key : AD0E0C41