JBoss AS 4.2.3 for Fedora-9 (ISV style)

Fernando Nasser fnasser at redhat.com
Tue Oct 14 21:13:31 UTC 2008

FYI, from http://jpackage.org/

JBoss AS 4.2.3 for Fedora 9 available

To all those interested in JBossAS 4.2.3.GA on Fedora 9: I have set up a
public yum repository through JPackage. The instructions for enabling it
are pretty simple.

Just grab the jpackage-release RPM from any JPackage mirror site, e.g.,
dotsrc.org and install it. Then, you should be able to execute 'yum
install jbossas'. Once the installation completes, you can start the
jbossas service with '/sbin/service jbossas start'.

NB: In my testing, I found that if you do not have /etc/hosts set up
properly that jbossas may fail to start. Also, you should not be running
Fedora tomcat on the same port.

David Walluck