Hosting and building questions.

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Thu Mar 11 22:00:53 UTC 2010

On Thu, Mar 11, 2010 at 03:22:16PM -0500, Scott Salley wrote:

> I've been doing development on a Fedora 12 system and have a spec
> file, our original source code from our external git repository, and
> patches to be applied by the spec file for the Fedora build.
>
> How do I actually get source code into Fedora N (N=12) to be built
> and available in a repository?
>
> I've tried find documentation, but I guess I'm not putting in the
> right keywords.

OK, so it sounds like you've been following the packaging guidelines,
right?

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:Guidelines

The page I think you are looking for is here, which has steps for
becoming a package maintainer:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Join_the_package_collection_maintainers

One thing that you might want to pluck out of the steps and do it
earlier is getting yourself setup to use Koji, where you can do
scratch builds before your package is finished review.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Join_the_package_collection_maintainers#Install_the_Client_Tools_.28Koji.29

Let us know how it works out,

- Karsten