[fedora-java] Where to configure CLASSPATH and other stuff on my FC4 box

C.F. Scheidecker Antunes nando at antunes.eti.br
Tue Aug 2 18:54:14 UTC 2005

Hello all,

Before using JPackage I was used to install Java manually. Now I've
built the rpm packages using JPackage and had them installed.
It is flawless and works great. However I have a question that I was
hoping you could help me with.

Back in the good ol'days I used to update either the /etc/profile or
.bashrc of a specific user to have the classpath and other stuff set.
So, this is a part of an old /etc/profile of mine:

CLASSPATH=$CLASSPATH:/opt/jaf-1.0.2/activation.jar
CLASSPATH=$CLASSPATH:/opt/jakarta-regexp-1.3/jakarta-regexp-1.3.jar
CLASSPATH=$CLASSPATH:/opt/javamail-1.3.1/mail.jar:.
JAVA_HOME=/opt/java
#CATALINA_HOME=/opt/tomcat
export PATH USER LOGNAME MAIL HOSTNAME HISTSIZE INPUTRC CLASSPATH JAVA_HOME

Now, I've noticed that Jpackage has an /etc/java/java.conf file which
makes me wonder the place where java config stuff such as classpath,
catalina_home and java_home are supposed to be.

Is there any documentation regarding this issue? Are there any standards
for them? Any ideas or suggestions?

By the way, how can I get some documentation on Jpackage? The homepage
is somewhat confusing.

Thanks in advance,

C.F.