[fedora-java] Java OpenGL on FC4

John M. Gabriele john_sips_tea at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 15 01:49:27 UTC 2005

--- Anthony Green <green at redhat.com> wrote:

> On Sun, 2005-08-14 at 14:58 -0700, John M. Gabriele wrote:
> > What's preferred for use on FC4: jogl or lwjgl? Or
> > is there a third option -- maybe some way to do it
> > with Java-Gnome?
>
> The java bindings for SDL include OpenGL support and are known to work
> with gcj.

Thanks! I hadn't thought to look for the Java SDL bindings.

In the past I'd written small OpenGL programs using glut,
so I was hoping to find a straight Java wrapper around freeglut
(and the rest of GL and GLU too, of course). Is there a Java
wrapper just for that?

Looks like, with JOGL, I've got to use AWT. Here's a quick
mini-tutorial I found on Sun's forum:
http://192.18.37.44/forums/index.php?topic=1474.0

Am I supposed to get the sdljava source from here:
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=124821
or can someone point me to some FC4 rpm's?

Thanks,
---John