[fedora-java] Eclipse and Tomcat

Daniel B. Thurman dant at cdkkt.com
Thu Dec 22 01:24:13 UTC 2005

Yes, that is nice - but when the s--- hits the fan, expect some
complaints. This is so that people know that there are issues and
maybe someone will respond, maybe working on it, or maybe not. Also,
people many avoid it to save time when someone complaints having
been there.  Caveat Emptor.

>The Free Java tools aren't perfect yet by any means... but considering
>that Tomcat and Eclipse run at all is a huge feat!

Tomcat runs?  Not from where I am standing.  Does Eclipse run with
Tomcat?  Nope!  Not even with a Tomcat that I downloaded, and got
it running.  So - there you have it.

>These hackers have almost replicated years of work by Sun to create
>Java, so that you can have a Java implementation with all the other
>benefits of Free Software which is why GNU/Linux exists in the first place.

Yada, yada, yada.  Java has been around a while, and ported to many
systems and all that.  If a poor or incomplete port is made, expect
complaints.

>And if you don't like the Fedora Tomcat, just "rpm -e tomcat" and you
>are done with it and can do whatever you want.

Did that.  Installed Apache's version per recommendation of *many*
other java/eclipse/tomcat fans.

>Most the people you are yelling wont ever see any of your money, and
>unlike MS, they aren't charging you shit for all their effort to
>guarantee your freedom - so show a little fucking gratitude, and maybe
>even some respect.

Yes, that is known. I will praise good work where due. I will also
complain on bad work as well, free or proprietary.

>Asshole.

Apparently, you are a very sensitive individual. Get over it.