[fedora-java] Re: Java API doc (javadoc) from GCJ/classpath?

Ian Pilcher i.pilcher at comcast.net
Tue Jul 5 21:15:28 UTC 2005

Anthony Green wrote:

> Here's the SRPM.  I haven't tried building it in a while.
>
> http://people.redhat.com/green/libgcj-docs-4.0.0-1.src.rpm

It should BuildRequire libgcj-src.

> I look into submitting it to extras.  This reminds me... we should
> import the GNU Classpath package description html files into GCC.

I'd argue that it should be in Core (and that it should be built as
part of the libgcj SRPM).  I'd also suggest having a
java-1.4.2-gcj-compat-doc RPM which creates appropriate symlinks in
/usr/share/javadoc.  (See my other note about the ownership of
/usr/share/javadoc/java.)

Good stuff!

Ian Pilcher                                        i.pilcher at comcast.net