[fedora-java] aot-compile-rpm

Gary Benson gbenson at redhat.com
Wed Jul 6 17:10:26 UTC 2005

Thomas Fitzsimmons wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-07-06 at 16:40 +0100, Gary Benson wrote:
> >     2. Add "BuildRequires: java-1.4.2-gcj-compat >= 1.4.2.0-Xjpp"
> >        and "Requires(post,postun)" on same.
>
> Releng told me to separate these requires:
>
> Requires(post):
>
> and
>
> Requires(postun):
>
> because certain versions of RPM fail on the (post,postun) syntax.

I've seen bugs from it before, but I didn't know they worked
separately.  Cool...

> >   aot-compile-rpm identifies jarfiles by opening them, so it
> >   catches them no matter what they're called.
>
> Does aot-compile-rpm provide a way to exclude certain jars from
> native compilation?  This is sometimes necessary to work around gcj
> bugs.

There's no generic way, but if you have already compiled a solib
yourself then it won't recreate it.  This allows you to compile it
with -O0 instead of -O2, for example, which has worked for every gcj
bug I've seen so far.

Cheers,
Gary