[fedora-java] aot-compile-rpm

Andrew Overholt overholt at redhat.com
Wed Jul 6 17:48:23 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-06-07 at 18:10 +0100, Gary Benson wrote:
> Thomas Fitzsimmons wrote:
> > Does aot-compile-rpm provide a way to exclude certain jars from
> > native compilation?  This is sometimes necessary to work around gcj
> > bugs.
>
> There's no generic way, but if you have already compiled a solib
> yourself then it won't recreate it.  This allows you to compile it
> with -O0 instead of -O2, for example, which has worked for every gcj
> bug I've seen so far.

The way we've been doing it with Eclipse is by moving the .jars that we
don't want to be compiled to .jar.bak.  This won't work with
aot-compile-rpm, so we'll have to find a better way.  -O2 -> -O0 doesn't
work in some cases.  Yes, tracking down the remaining mis-compilations
is on my list of things to do :) .

Andrew