[fedora-java] Re: IRC Channel

Robin Green greenrd at presidium.org
Thu Jul 7 21:34:18 UTC 2005

On Thu, 07 Jul 2005 12:06:14 -0400, Andrew Overholt wrote:

> Anyone want to set up an IRC channel for fedora-java stuff?

I would like to see this. I often find myself wading into stuff to find
out what a problem is being caused by, so as to avoid taking up people's
time with a trivial or hazy, ill-formed question on the list... with IRC
there's less of a concern about asking trivial or misconceived questions.

(Er, that's not to suggest that I would use the IRC channel entirely to
ask stupid questions ;)

> I know we have
> #classpath (freenode), #eclipse{,-dev} (freenode), #java-gnome (gimpnet),
> #gcj (oftc), but I often feel bad spewing those channels with
> Fedora-specific chatter.

Me too.

> Any suggestions?

Well, you've called the list fedora-java, so it's got to be #fedora-java
now to be consistent, really. Or how about #ffj (Fedora Free Java)?
--
Robin