[fedora-java] aot-compile-rpm

Andrew Overholt overholt at redhat.com
Fri Jul 15 12:47:30 UTC 2005

* Gary Benson <gbenson at redhat.com> [2005-07-15 05:09]:

> I guess it coped then ;)

Yup!

> Can I suggest this patch to eclipse.spec?
> [...]
> +aot-compile-rpm \
> +    --exclude /usr/share/eclipse/plugins/org.eclipse.ui.forms_3.1.0.jar \
> +    --exclude /usr/share/eclipse/plugins/org.eclipse.ui.workbench_3.1.0.jar \
> +    --exclude /usr/share/eclipse/plugins/org.eclipse.osgi_3.1.0.jar

I tried the multiple --excludes and it didn't work.  I assumed that syntax
was just not supported.  It is actually better IMO if we leave the jar.sos
around (I should have made them .bak) so that it's easy to test if they're
still mis-compiled.

Either way, the new aot-compile-rpm is amAzing and I'm in the process or
enabling it in all the other packages for which I am responsible.  Thanks!

Andrew