[fedora-java] FC4: Howto change tge JDK

C.F. Scheidecker Antunes nando at antunes.eti.br
Sun Jul 17 00:46:25 UTC 2005

Hello all,

Before FC4 I used to install SUN's or IBM's JDK and have a syslink under
/usr/bin for java and javac. Not only that but I had them installed
under /opt and then have the /etc/profile changed to have all from
/opt/java/bin on the PATH.

Now, they have done a whole total different deal with FC4. The jdk is
configured such that there are even links under /etc/

What would be advisable in order to have a different JDK under FC4? I
would like to get ride of the one that came with it.

Thanks in advance,

C.F.