[fedora-java] Re: [OX Devel] Re: Devel Digest, Vol 12, Issue 6

Chris Burdess dog at bluezoo.org
Tue Jul 19 07:57:13 UTC 2005

Tom Tromey wrote:
> Chris> If you just want ACL support in the GNU IMAP provider, we can
> schedule
> Chris> it in for the next release.
>
> Martin> We can help to make such an implementation happen, but our
> Martin> focus is the solution and the features. Thats why we have not
> Martin> ask for methods. Now, if there is a strong demand and the GNU
> Martin> Classpath developers are scheduling the complete
> Martin> implementation of the required classes and methods for one of
> Martin> the next GNU Classpath javamail API releases, we should have
> Martin> some conversation how this can be implemented in a very easy
> Martin> way (like some kind of configure option) to support it (of
> Martin> course we must keep an eye on the effort ;-).
>
> Martin> And to avoid any rumor, this strategy is part of our general
> Martin> developing concepts. We do not reinvent wheels we are using
> Martin> existing infrastructure wherever it fits our needs.
>
> Let me make a somewhat more radical suggestion: if inetlib implements
> the needed ACL support, how about switching to use it exclusively?

It does; the relevant IMAPConnection methods are setacl, deleteacl,
getacl, listrights, myrights.

It wouldn't be too much trouble to implement higher-level wrappers in
IMAPFolder if working with them is conceptually easier, though. Also,
as I mentioned before, JavaMail and JAF provide a whole MIME
implementation that may be convenient.
--
Chris Burdess