[fedora-java] Re: Odd ClassNotFoundException with RSSOwl

Andrew Overholt overholt at redhat.com
Mon Jul 25 21:39:27 UTC 2005

Oops, I meant to CC the list.

Hi Ben,

* Benjamin Pasero <bpasero at rssowl.org> [2005-07-25 15:58]:

> the origin of this is most likely "jface.jar" requring parts of
> Eclipse's platform Jars.

Ah.

> I will ask a SWT comitter that told me he once managed to remove the
> dependency. He might be able to create a jar for me.

That won't really work unless we can patch FC's JFace build stuff to allow
the JFace jar in the system to have the same dependency removed.  But it's
a good step forward.

Either way, I've made an SRPM and specfile available for the little hackjob
I did on this:

http://www.overholt.ca/rssowl/

Things work pretty well for me.  The specfile lists things that we need to
do.  If anyone wants to help, it'd be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Andrew