[fedora-java] Re: Replacing FC4 Free Java with SUN's Java

David Walluck david at zarb.org
Wed Jul 27 13:52:14 UTC 2005

Andrew Haley <aph at redhat.com> wrote:

> It is different from jpackage.org.  That's why we recommend the
> jpackage.org RPM, not the one from Sun.

I am talking about using the sun-compat rpm from jpackage.org. JPackage
provides
two methods (for Sun only). The first is to rebuild the JPackage provided full
srpm from source. The second is to install the Sun-provided rpm *along with*
the JPackage-provided sun-compat rpm. This scenario should work, as the
JPackage and JPackage sun-compat rpms are supposed to provide the same
infrastructure.

--
Sincerely,

David Walluck