[fedora-java] gcj and java at LinuxWorld

Mark Wielaard mark at klomp.org
Wed Jul 27 19:51:33 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-07-27 at 10:23 -0700, John M. Gabriele wrote:
> --- Anthony Green <green at redhat.com> wrote:
>
> > Just FYI, I'll be giving an extremely short talk on java, gcj, etc as
> > they relate to the Fedora project during the San Francisco LinuxWorld
> > show.  It will be in the Fedora booth on Wednesday the 10th at 11am.
>
> After you give the talk, where can we find a transcript

BTW. I have been collecting presentations around GNU Classpath at:
http://www.gnu.org/software/classpath/events/events.html

Actually the page hasn't been automatically update yet (should be in
about 2 hours). So here is the list of some recent presentations:

The Eclipse IDE and you Ben Konrath and Andrew Overholt
http://overholt.ca/eclipse/GUADEC2005-EclipseIDE.pdf

Encontro Javali: Escape the Java Trap: GNU Classpath and Kaffe
Dalibor Topic and Mark Wielaard
http://www.klomp.org/mark/classpath/GNUClasspathKaffe/

GNU Classpath Robert Schuster (in German)
http://www.inf.fu-berlin.de/%7Erschuste/GNUClasspath-LinuxTag2005-English.pdf

GCJ and Classpath: A Free Implementation of the Java programming
language Andrew Haley (in English)
http://people.redhat.com/~aph/linuxtag.tar.gz

Some other things that might also be of interest when preparing a talk
since they contain fun pictures of the progress we are making:

Respect your packager:
http://gnu.wildebeest.org/diary/index.php?p=97

Robert Schuster's paper (in German):
http://page.mi.fu-berlin.de/%7Erschuste/GNUClasspath-LinuxTag2005-Paper.sxw

Fun stuff (including real working swing programs):
http://www.complang.tuwien.ac.at/cacaojvm/screenshots.html

Stats:
http://object-refinery.com/classpath/statcvs/
http://object-refinery.com/classpath/mauve/statcvs/