[fedora-java] recommendations for coexistence with Sun-jre

Tue Jun 21 17:42:51 UTC 2005

Le dimanche 19 juin 2005 à 08:28 -0500, Justin Conover a écrit :
> On 6/17/05, Thomas Fitzsimmons <fitzsim at redhat.com> wrote:

> Trying to build this with FC4 X86_64 I get the following error.
>
> + grep -vF alsa.so
> + grep -v jre/lib/security
> + grep -v Jdbc
> + /usr/lib/rpm/check-rpaths /usr/lib/rpm/check-buildroot
> ERROR: file '/usr/share/java-1.5.0-sun/demo/jvmti/heapTracker/lib/libheapTracker_g.so'
> contains an invalid rpath '$ORIGIN/../../../../lib/amd64' in

Probably a problem rpm version. rpm seems decided to break jvm specfiles
every few releases. File a rpm bug in FC bugzilla and try another rpm
version - since the binaries are prebuild it should not change the
result.

Alternatively this might be a real spec bug but please check with rpm
gurus beforehand - I've lost count of the spurious build failures we've
had. rpm is just not real tested with nosrc.rpm - as it should.

--
Nicolas Mailhot