[fedora-java] Re: default .db for gij

Jakub Jelinek jakub at redhat.com
Fri Mar 11 18:11:51 UTC 2005

On Fri, Mar 11, 2005 at 10:49:18AM -0700, Tom Tromey wrote:
> FYI, I checked in a patch to gcc that sets the default database for
> gij.  Once this is put in the gcc RPM, you won't need to set the .db
> on the gij command line.
>
> You can use "gcj-dbtool -p" in your spec file to get the name of the
> default .db.
>
> Jakub, libgcj will build and install a default .db.  However, I'm not
> sure we really want to have this file owned by the gcc RPM.  It is
> going to be modified by other RPMs as they are installed... what is
> the usual thing to do in this situation?

It can be say %ghost %config file, populated at libgcj's %post time
(as well as %post of other packages).
Now, if you are storing full paths of shared libraries, I guess
it needs to live in /usr/$LIB/java/ somewhere (so that there are
separate 32-bit and 64-bit .db's on say x86-64, ppc*, s390* etc.).
Or do you have one .db instead with flags for which ABI a particular
library is (like say /etc/ld.so.cache has)?

	Jakub