[fedora-java] mod_jk

Fernando Lozano fernando at lozano.eti.br
Thu Mar 17 14:01:00 UTC 2005

Hi Anthony,

>I just noticed that we don't build jk (from tomcat5) or package mod_jk
>(or should that be jk2/mod_jk2?).  It seems weird to package tomcat5,
>but not the Apache httpd connector.  Is it too late to squeeze into FC4?

This is not the http connector, it is the ajp connector. It is necessary
only if you want apache to serve as a front-end for tomcat, say when a
site needs to run both jsp and php, or you want apache to load balance
many tomcat instances. I would like to have it, but it is not strictly
necessary to run java web apps using tomcat.

[]s, Fernando Lozano